Job Title: Personal Assistant (Care)
Location: Shoeburyness (Southend – SS3)
Rate of Pay: £11 per hour
Hours: Depends on applicants availability – to be discussed.
Pattern of Work: Flexible, some evenings & weekends – to be discussed with applicant, I have a small team & extra hours available to cover holidays & sickness.
Job Description: To provide support in personal, domestic and related matters as requested by the employer. This is a doubles call (i.e. with another PA). Applicant must be comfortable around dogs.
Experience or Qualifications: On the job training will be given. Joining a small team, a good sense of humour is required.
- Assist with personal care as instructed in a sensitive and dignified manner.
- Maintain the domestic environment to the required standard, with regards to health, safety and hygiene.
- If required, assist in the preparation of meals (and food shopping).
- It is important that you wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the tasks involved, e.g. flat shoes and clothes which permit freedom of movement. (gloves, masks etc are provided)
- Undergo relevant training for professional development (and be paid the time taken for this).
- Support with day-to day activities and health appointments that may include driving and/or accompanying. (Not essential)
- To arrive for work at the agreed time and give notification if you are going to be late.
- Establish a close working relationship on a one-to-one basis and discuss and resolve
problems as they arise. A good sense of humour is required.
- Be open in communication and maintain means of contact as required.
- Respect privacy and maintain a constant professional (but friendly) approach.
- Preserve my dignity and support me in maintaining independence in my chosen lifestyle at all times.
- Respect my possessions and equipment and gain my consent for the use of equipment, e.g. telephone.
Needs can vary on a daily basis; therefore, duties and tasks may alter accordingly. You are reasonably expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined above.
If there are to be significant changes to your Job Description, I reserve the right to give you not less than one month’s notice in writing of these, and you will be deemed to have accepted them unless you notify me of your objection in writing before the end of the notice period.
As some personal care is involved, I would feel more comfortable with a female carer. This advert complies with the Sex Discrimination Act (1975) Section 7 (2b).
Any offers are subject to a DBS check, receipt of two references and checking the legal right to live and work in the UK.