Built Environment Access Audits
The aim of Purple’s Built Environment Access Audit service is to identify physical, cognitive and sensory barriers to the external environment for disabled people; advise on inclusive practice to benefit and increase participation in these spaces; and to provide solutions to better utilise identified built environments. Purple’s service covers buildings, shopping centres and wider high street environments.
Purple’s access audits are underpinned by the following activities:
- live observations on how disabled people interact with the environment.
- face to face interviews with a cross-section of disabled people using the environment.
- auditor- led journey sequence through the proposed environment starting from different entry points.
- analysis of the physical design of the environment and relevant premises.
- monitoring the day to day running of the area.
Audits are carried out in line with existing best practice guidance for inclusive environments.
Fees are dependent on the scope of works undertaken and quotes are available on request.