Purple is a catalyst for change between business and the disabled community.
We create opportunities to transform futures by bringing together disabled people and business for a single purpose. Our mission is to transform thinking and change the conversation, thereby creating sustainable solutions for the benefit of those experiencing disability and the wider society.
We call on businesses across the UK to actively engage in helping us achieve that mission, eradicating barriers and transforming lives. By signing up to our Charter for Change, you are stating your intention to:
Become Disability Confident
Register your commitment to become a Disability Confident employer within the next 12 months
Increase disability employment opportunities within your business
- Ensure disabled candidates with the right skills have an equal opportunity for employment as non-disabled candidates
- Use the Purple Jobs recruitment portal and others like it alongside traditional avenues of recruitment
- Use the Purple Works placement scheme and others like it to provide work placement, training and mentoring to at least one disabled person each year
Recognise that employee retention is cost-efficient and depends upon your business’ ability to adjust
- Provide tailored support to disabled employees in order to remove conscious discrimination and reduce unconscious discrimination
- Actively encourage ‘conversations without fear’ within your business and among employees to remove barriers and challenge misinformed and outdated attitudes
- Adapt your business and workplace to accommodate disabled employees and empower them to maximise their potential
Realise and promote the Purple Pound
- See disabled people as valuable consumers of your products and services and put in place plans to increase your share of disability market
Sign up to Purple’s Charter for Change
- Help us bring about a lasting revolution and secure 20,000 permanent jobs for qualified and talented disabled people over the next decade
Join us on our journey towards radically transforming the lives of those affected by disability by signing the Charter below. Or, to download a physical copy, click here.